PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting mass airflow and knock sensor code at same time.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting mass airflow and knock sensor code at same time.

2005 Hummer H2 6.0 with TRailblazer SS intake/TB/injectors, headers, full exhaust, and custom tune.

Last year I had a knock sensor go out so while the intake was off I had the shop swap it for the Trailblazer SS setup. It turned into a nightmare as the shop kept frying ECM's and my truck was there for almost two months.

Finally got the truck out of there with a preloaded ECM from Blackbear then took it to another shop for a tune that went well.

Now I am getting a CEL so I scanned it and saw mass airflow and knock sensor low voltage again :-(

I cleared the codes and it took a couple days but when the light came back on I pulled over and immediately scanned it. Same two codes.

It seems odd that I would get both codes at the exact same time.

Any ideas other than horrible luck?
Old 10-27-2019, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,106 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Just a weird thought.... check and see if those sensors wires run together and might be chafing against each other somewhere. Worth a shot...
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Demeanor (10-27-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spoke with Glenn at Glenns Auto Performance where I bought the intake. He said both of those circuits come off the same side of the harness and to check the grounds at the back of the heads.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,106 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor
Just spoke with Glenn at Glenns Auto Performance where I bought the intake. He said both of those circuits come off the same side of the harness and to check the grounds at the back of the heads.
I'm surprised I didn't use my best line, "Check ALL grounds!". I'm slipping.... lol

Quick Reply: Getting mass airflow and knock sensor code at same time.