Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4wd PCM with 2ws transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd PCM with 2ws transmission

I have finally finished my LS Swap. Put an L33 into a 1988 c2500 (2wd). The motor and PCM, Rad, gas pedal and wiring came out of a 2006 Chevy 1500 4WD. I got the transmission 4L60e out of 2006 2wd and sent it out to be completely rebuilt. My question is, is there something in HP tuners that I need to modify to let the PCM know there is no longer a 4WD in there but a 2WD? Truck rides fine, but the transmission seems to be doing some funky stuff, kicking hard into gears at times, and almost feeling like a slip when stepping on it while at highway speeds, as if it goes down to 3rd, like it is moving slowly then it accelerates hard (feels like slipping then when it grabs it accelerates hard). Just want to make sure there is nothing in the tune that I missed, before I approach the tranny shop. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you put the correct tire size and rear end ratios in the pcm?, Did you try moving the shift points around?
Old 04-17-2020, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I definitely did not do this. New to HP tuners, as you may be able to tell. I did check the tranny fluid, and it looks great, no smell of burning, but did add 1/3 quart of tranny oil which seems to have helped. I will look into this as you suggested, but besides those, there is nothing that I need to put in to let the ECM know that it's a 2-wheel drive instead of the original four-wheel drive that was in there?

Quick Reply: 4wd PCM with 2ws transmission