PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

02's not switching codes , HP tuners kill this ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,
I needed the O2 sensors in a hurry so I bought the Denso O2's from Tri-City distributor here in Phoenix. They are the same number for both banks. You can get them off the net for a really good price at sparkplugs.com. I put them on last night. Only problem is there is too much lead wire. I tie wrapped the excess to a hole that I drilled in the starter plastic shroud on the passenger side. There is not a good spot on the driver's side, so I ended up getting a 3/8-16 bolt and using a P clamp and bolted it to the engine block behind the motor mount. Next time, I hope I can find the correct length for each side somehow. May try calling Denso Product Support, they were very helpful. I got their number from Sparkplugs.com. They make a universal that is cheaper, it's number is 234-4000, but I don't know how long it is and not sure what kind (if any) connector it has.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 08-07-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Glenn. I don't mind using a zip tie to pull the excess up out of the way. At least then I will have enough wire length if I get headers soon. Thanks for the info .
Old 01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a quality difference between the Bosch and Denso?

Last week I put in the Bosch 13111 sensors, because I kept getting Insufficient Switching on both B1S1 and B2S2.

One week later, I'm still getting them...

I just had my car scanned, and the shop said all my A/F settings are where they should be. But they said Bosch were crap O2 sensors and are too sensitive for the application I'm trying to use them for ??

Quick Reply: 02's not switching codes , HP tuners kill this ??