Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley EFI for N/A LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 06:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Holley EFI for N/A LS1?

I’m currently swapping out my heads and cam on my 2000 Z28, and I just can’t stop looking at the Holly Terminator and Dominator systems. The car is n/a ls1 sbe with a built 4l60e, and no plans for power adders. It’s a street/strip car not a daily. Weekend toy. So I have a few questions:

1. Since the Holley can process inputs much faster than my stock computer, is there a slight hp gain possible? Obviously it would only be a minor gain.

2. Which would be a better fit for n/a? I don’t mind spending the extra money for the dominator.

3. Can you input existing mileage on the car? For state inspection, I need an odometer reading. Car currently has 62k miles.

4. I know the Terminator X Max can control my 4l60, but can I tune the lock up function for WOT in third? Yes, I have a converter for this.

5. How would you guys who have these systems compare the self learning against say an experienced tuner with hp tuners?

6. I’d like to data log, and put in a driveshaft speed sensor to make adjustments at the track.

Thanks ahead for the advice.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I honestly wouldnt spend the money for Holley on this setup.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by jhshnh
I’m currently swapping out my heads and cam on my 2000 Z28, and I just can’t stop looking at the Holly Terminator and Dominator systems. The car is n/a ls1 sbe with a built 4l60e, and no plans for power adders. It’s a street/strip car not a daily. Weekend toy. So I have a few questions:

1. Since the Holley can process inputs much faster than my stock computer, is there a slight hp gain possible? Obviously it would only be a minor gain.

2. Which would be a better fit for n/a? I don’t mind spending the extra money for the dominator.

3. Can you input existing mileage on the car? For state inspection, I need an odometer reading. Car currently has 62k miles.

4. I know the Terminator X Max can control my 4l60, but can I tune the lock up function for WOT in third? Yes, I have a converter for this.

5. How would you guys who have these systems compare the self learning against say an experienced tuner with hp tuners?

6. I’d like to data log, and put in a driveshaft speed sensor to make adjustments at the track.

Thanks ahead for the advice.
1. Not likely
2. For NA the Terminator X Max is fine. If you are planning on using low impedance injectors and/or having a lot of extra inputs and outputs, then the Dominator is a better option.
3. No
4. Yes
5. The self learning is great for fuel tuning, but all other parameters need to be done by you or your tuner.
6. You can add a driveshaft speed sensor and it will get logged.

Andrew
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (05-03-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
1. Not likely
2. For NA the Terminator X Max is fine. If you are planning on using low impedance injectors and/or having a lot of extra inputs and outputs, then the Dominator is a better option.
3. No
4. Yes
5. The self learning is great for fuel tuning, but all other parameters need to be done by you or your tuner.
6. You can add a driveshaft speed sensor and it will get logged.

Andrew
Thanks for the reply. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it or not.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I will be going this route. Already have all the holley side. Just trying to finish the rest of the car. BUT... this will be in an all out drag car. No street time what so ever.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Keep us posted. Interested in the build.
The following users liked this post:
jaydubb (05-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Holley EFI for N/A LS1?