Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Terminator X Max Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Holley Terminator X Max Install

I am on the fence on picking up a Holley Terminator X Max for my 2002 F-body. I have some question that someone may be able to answer;
1. Did you need to remove your intake to get to the grounds on the back of the heads, MAP sensor...etc? (FAST 92)
2. Do I need to re-wire all the way back to the fuel pump if it has a hot-wire kit?
3. Where did you install the PCM in the car and where did you pass t through the firewall.
4. How difficult is it to tune for flex fuel?

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

I can't answer a couple because I don't have an F-Body but can help you out on a couple. If you already have a hot-wire kit or stock for that matter, You would connect the Holley trigger wire to the relay where the stock ECU would have triggered if they are both 12V triggers, If the stock system is uses a ground trigger you'll need to reconfigure the relay wiring but the actual wire leading to the pump stays the same.

Holley flex fuel setup is pretty straight forward as far as wiring and programming is concerned. Tune wise the way I like to do it is to establish a good tune using 100% gasoline (Not E10 E15 E85) before putting an ethanol blend in the tank. You can compensate as discussed in the video below if you only have e-blend available for your initial tune.
If you're running boost you may want to do it in reverse Establish a good E85 tune then program it to take fuel and timing away as the ethanol content is lowered, It takes a little more thinking to configure it that way but it's better than hurting the engine under boost trying to tune with gas first.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (04-30-2020)

Quick Reply: Holley Terminator X Max Install