Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Startup Tune Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Startup Tune Advice

This is a 2000 camaro SS. D1x procharger. Ill be doing a MAF tune first. 4500ft elevation.
Deka 60lb injectors. Looking for what else I need to change to be start up ready. Starting with a stock tune.

Stock displacement 9.3:1 compression built bottom end with stock heads 100mm TSP lsx maf Deka 60lb injectors.

I have the start up numbers from TSP on the 100mm MAF added to a bone stock tune airflow vs freq table. I have been having issues finding numbers for the Siemans Deka 60lb injectors. On HPTuners I found a tune from a 2002 iron block using the same injectors. I have all 2002 injector numbers added to the "injector control" section. I have not touched the "cranking fuel" section because the 2002 table is different than my 2000 table. Should I adjust the cracking section?
Flow vs kph on the data I pulled starts at 72.6 and increases in that chart. Everything I have seen suggests the flow vs kph numbers should be close to your injector size. 72 seems large for a 60lb injector.

2000 ss camaro CAM,long tube headers D1X prochrger, FMIC.100mm TSP maf. ls6 intake. its a built short block with stock heads.9.3:1 compression

Thanks for any help
Old 08-26-2020, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You’ve got a lot going on there. You need to start in speed density and do ve first. I don’t like maf in boost. That’s just me though. The deka data is right. Your fuel pressure will be 58 psi and they’re rated at 43 psi. What map sensor do you have. If you get stuck post up your tune I’ll help
Old 09-06-2020, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy burdess
You’ve got a lot going on there. You need to start in speed density and do ve first. I don’t like maf in boost. That’s just me though. The deka data is right. Your fuel pressure will be 58 psi and they’re rated at 43 psi. What map sensor do you have. If you get stuck post up your tune I’ll help
I have the TSP 100mm MAF.

I used the deka numbers and the tsp 100mm maf numbers they sent me. The car started and died. So I stopped.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBenz
I have the TSP 100mm MAF.

I used the deka numbers and the tsp 100mm maf numbers they sent me. The car started and died. So I stopped.
would you like some help?
Old 09-20-2020, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sure would. I’d really like to learn to tune. Chances are I could do it. But I would really like to get the car on the road. I’m debating just going to a tuner. I know now it wouldn’t idle because I didn’t adjust for the cam. I’m make a few more tweaks and try again.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sure would. I’d really like to learn to tune. Chances are I could do it. But I would really like to get the car on the road. I’m debating just going to a tuner. I know now it wouldn’t idle because I didn’t adjust for the cam. I’m make a few more tweaks and try again.

Quick Reply: Startup Tune Advice