Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Dies After Startup

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Engine Dies After Startup

This was a running car from a dyno tune and now it won't stay running longer than 2 seconds. I can't figure out what the issue is. I've attached the tune and have disabled VATS at least I think I have... I've tried my spare key and still the same issue. Cranks and fires right up just to die right after. My fuel pressure gauge reads 43psi until it dies so It can't be the pumps... Please HELP! Nothing has really changed from when I tuned it on the dyno.

Drove the car home after the dyno and 1 week later it started acting like this where it wouldn't stay running after startup.

Car won't run long enough to get a real log file but let me know if that would do any good... Tach reads fine... I don't know if this is a crank sensor issue? Don't know where to start as fuel and spark seem fine. Grounds on the head are still there.

Tune file is attached.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:44 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

IAT sensor?
Old 09-08-2020, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate when threads don't have resolutions posted so I wanted to update this with the "fix". I ended up having oring issues (Bosch 210 injectors) and the replacement set I initially installed were slightly too big so they barely fit into the intake manifold and would eventually rip and cause a massive leak.

I attribute the start/stall to a huge vacuum leak and/or fuel leak. Once I replaced the orings with 5.3l truck style, the injectors fit perfectly and the car fired up and ran perfect. I purchased the initial replacement orings from ebay listed as "Bosch 210 replacement o rings". They fit just fine on the injectors, but would not seat into the manifold very well at all and caused all kinds of issues. Generic truck style orings was the "fix".
The following 2 users liked this post by 455GTO:
B52bombardier1 (09-08-2020), RedXray (09-08-2020)

Quick Reply: Engine Dies After Startup