PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

L96 ecu

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021 | 08:50 PM
Teching In

Default L96 ecu

So I have a 2012 6.0 L96 and I’m removing the VVT and using non vvt cam. And ls7 lifters. I have a ecu and wiring harness from a 02 Tahoe and I want to use DBC for my throttle body. My question is can I use the that ecu and is there any connectors I have to add on the to use on the 6.0. I know that l96 have the knock sensors on the sides rather then the valley like the old 5.3s. Any help is appreciate thank you.
Old 04-15-2021 | 10:30 AM
8 Second Club
10 Year Member

As long as you are going to have it apart, change the crank reluctor to 24 tooth. Use the gen 3 crank position sensor.
You will need an extension harness for the cam sensor which is now on the front of the engine. You will need a 1x cam gear as well.
LS1 knock sensors can be mounted on the sides of the block. You need extension harness for them as well.
The L96 knock sensors won’t work.

Of course the ECU will need to be fully tuned.
Old 04-15-2021 | 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
As long as you are going to have it apart, change the crank reluctor to 24 tooth. Use the gen 3 crank position sensor.
You will need an extension harness for the cam sensor which is now on the front of the engine. You will need a 1x cam gear as well.
LS1 knock sensors can be mounted on the sides of the block. You need extension harness for them as well.
The L96 knock sensors won’t work.

Of course the ECU will need to be fully tuned.
thank you

I was planning on using the ls2 timing chain because I’m looking to spin around 7k. I believe the ls2 ones are alrdy 1x on the gear right? And also would I still be able to use my chain damper with the ls2 timing set? Or is there any other timing set you would recommend to to spin the motor that much?
Old 04-17-2021 | 01:49 PM
8 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ranjodh Singh
thank you

I was planning on using the ls2 timing chain because I’m looking to spin around 7k. I believe the ls2 ones are alrdy 1x on the gear right? And also would I still be able to use my chain damper with the ls2 timing set? Or is there any other timing set you would recommend to to spin the motor that much?
Correct on the LS2 gear working.
Im not a fan of how loose those chains are though. I use the Cloyes Hex adjust setup. I’ve had no issues. Chain is tight, but they do loosen with use.

I installed a double roller chain on a buddies 6.0 I assembled for him. It was some effort clearancing the pump and front cover. But I liked the beefiness Haven’t researched if the double roller setups have cam sensor pads. This was a gen 3, so no need.

Quick Reply: L96 ecu