Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM tuning nembie needs a guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM tuning nembie needs a guide

Hey guys i have a 2002 avalanche 5.3 Ls/vortec going into a 84 cutlass using Th350 tranny and only the precat O2 sensors.
Im ready to tune the PCM, I only need the VATs removed, electric fans enabled and any codes removed.
I bought the OBD2 Lx dongle and can pair it with Windows 10 bluetooth but neither of the android phones i tried would register LsDroid and i think the creator was getting snotty with me so, not needing teenage girl type drama in my life, I installed PCMHammer instead and it read my pcm first try thru windows 10 bluetooth and the dongle.

I joined Gearhead efi , registered but thyre taking their time approving me.

My OS ID is 12212156 according to Pcm Hammer..
1. so as i understand it, i need the relevant XDF to format Tunerpro properly, correct?
2. then i need a Bin file for my 12200411 pcm that has the vats removed and electric fans enabled, correct? or i use tunerpro to delete vats and enable electric fans, then save as NAME bin file
3. then Pcm Hammer can write that bin to my pcm?

Do i have the basic steps correct here?

if so, ive found the bored truck guys github repository but couldnt figure out how to download or import their XDF properly

so can someone go thru the steps in text or point me at a relevant yt video using pcmhammer and tunerpro?
Old 05-27-2021, 06:11 PM
Teching In

oops, how do i change my thread title to Newbie? lol
also, the moderator or bot, whomever suggested the related thread below mine, i dont think its pertinent to my situation as nothing is wrecked in my pcm tune....yet, lol
Old 05-29-2021, 09:01 AM
Teching In

I managed to read and save entire pcm with PcmHammer
then i got a 12212156 XDF and was able to modify my bin to delete VATs and enable both fans to come on at 210/215 and both go off at 190 and it saved as modified bin file but gave me some error saying
"Error; some checkdum files may be missing, please check checksum files etc"

I dont want to use PcmHammer to write any bin file that isnt totally correct, its my only PCM

how do i fix this?
i already dropped in a dll file to tunerpro folder and same error resulted
Old 05-31-2021, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

If there is more than one XDF for that operating system, try using a different XDF. Just pick a random parameter, change it, save, change it back, save, and see if the checksum problem goes away.

I think there is something in the XDF that tells TunerPro how to calculate different checksums, but I don't know the details.
Old 05-31-2021, 05:26 PM
Teching In

good idea but that XDF was the first one i encountered i could download and use. do you know any more downloads for OS 12212156?
Old 06-02-2021, 01:43 AM
Teching In

You need checksum plugin, which is referenced in your XDF.
Maybe this?
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto...=8&t=51#p79596

Another option:
Open your file with UniversalPatcher. If checksums are not OK, save file => Checksums are fixed automatically.
https://universalpatcher.net/

Quick Reply: PCM tuning nembie needs a guide