Sponsored by:

LS6 CTS V1 SD Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 06:09 PM
L B
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 CTS V1 SD Tune

Ive been playing with this tune for a week or so. Im no professional I copied from other tunes and adjusted to the best of my ability but I still cant seem to clean it up to feel how I want.
Im a student at tech school so I don't have too much time to **** around and definitely don't have email tune money or dyno tune money.

If anyone has some time to make any adjustments they think would be beneficial and don't need to charge me itd be much appreciated. I can provide any logs you'd need aswell.

May take me time to respond I'm pretty busy. Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
BTR 3 LS6.hpt (280.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: hpl
log 3 ....hpl (214.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-18-2021, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

A couple of observations:
- is it really that hot? The IAT is 56c and doesn't go down, so either the IAT sensor is wrong or the car could really benefit from a true CAI.
- you have turned the MAF off (running SD which is fine for tuning the VE table), but to actually disable the MAF you need to set the P0101, 2, 3 to MIL on First Error. I suggest that you plan on returning to closed loop with the MAF enabled, DFCO enabled (adjust MAP entry/exit required) once you finish tuning.
- highly recommend a wideband to get the fueling set correctly. Both the VE and MAF tables need work.
- the idle timing looks too high. Will likely be happier around 24 - 26 degrees. Idle over/underspeed timing is too aggressive. This is why you are seeing the sawtooth timing scan at idle. Limit it to about 6 degrees.
- idle airflow looks really high. Usually these engines with a modest cam like 8.5 to 10.5 g/s. With the numbers you have is it trying to auto cruise or hang high idle when coasting to a stop?
- stock injectors might be ok, but I expect you will be pushing the limit on duty cycle at WOT. Recommended max is 80%, but people get away with more if only on the street and short bursts of WOT. Different story on the track.
The following users liked this post:
L B (07-09-2021)

Quick Reply: LS6 CTS V1 SD Tune