Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some advice please

I hope this is the right place for his. Long story short, I bought a 98SS about 10 yrs ago as a roller in hopes of building a awesome street strip vehicle. However, life has gotten in the way but I知 looking to get started on the project as time permits. The issue is that mice have gotten inside the vehicle and wrecked havoc on the wiring, thankfully I had al of the interior out except for the dashboard. I知 wanting to rewire the car and I知 wanting to know what is the best direction to go for all new wiring and I will probably be looking to change to either the later 99-2002 wiring and pcm or switch over to a Holley Terminator X Max setup. I am wanting to retain all the creature comforts of heating,ac, power window and radio. Basically I知 planning to put the car back together with a built motor, 4l80e and full interior so the kids can ride with me.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

I'd stick with a factory PCM, but I'll admit that I'm biased because I had a hand in creating free software for tuning those PCMs.

Home キ LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks Wiki キ GitHub
Old 07-18-2021, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
I'd stick with a factory PCM, but I'll admit that I'm biased because I had a hand in creating free software for tuning those PCMs.

Home キ LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks Wiki キ GitHub
will I be able to control a 4l80e transmission doing this? I just looking for the best solution. That is the reason I知 wanting to replace all of the wiring in the car vs. trying to repair it.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 208 Likes on 167 Posts

I'd wire in the later P59, one megabyte PCM device that will certainly support your 4L80E transmission. And yes, his free software is very good when combined with "Tuner Pro RT" for editing the tune.

Rick
The following users liked this post:
NSFW (07-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Some advice please