PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very confusing O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very confusing O2 sensors

Hey so I’ve got a weird situation on my Ls1 swap landcruiser when I connected my volt metre to my 4 wire O2 sensors. The plug sat on the manifold and was looking a little bit worse for wear so I replaced it but when I was checking the voltage I was getting 4-5v on 2 out of the 4 wires to the O2 sensor on both sensors. This is on the ECU side of the plug not from the sensor. The other 2 wires are reading nothing.

The car ran fine but I thought I’d have one wire with 5v for the heater and the others would be ground and a sensor wire?

Are these even o2 sensors or are they a 4 wire wide band or something?

I’m a bit confused

thanks
Old 10-10-2021, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Are you using an aftermarket harness or an old stock GM harness?

I would take a volt meter and touch each end of the wires and make sure they are making a complete circuit.

New harness, I would check connections just to make sure they aren't caked with grease and the terminal isn't making a good connection.

Old Stock Harness, a lot of heat cycles on those wires could be melted inside cracked or just lost integrity being on the bottom of vehicles for almost 20 years.

Either way I would volt meter test each end of the wires to make sure you are getting a complete circuit. This way you can narrow down your problem to which wires aren't making a good circuit.

Quick Reply: Very confusing O2 sensors