Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Term X vs EFI Live

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Term X vs EFI Live

I posted about an LS3 conversion in my car some time ago. I’ve since gotten the engine installed, ordered the trans, clutch, etc. and now starting to think about the tuning and operating system.

I see most use HP Tuners for gas stuff. While EFI Live obviously has more of a diesel market, it seems to be a very capable tuner in gas and I already have it.

My debate is that by the time I get my harness modified and get a controller for the wideband for EFI Live, I’ll have more money into it than if I just would’ve gone with the Holley Terminator setup. EFI Live also seems to be crazily complicated in terms of the programming (to me anyway).

So the question: as complicated as it might be, is it worth the “extra” tables, etc to learn the EFI Live stuff? Or is the Terminator setup more than capable for what I am doing, which is basically a stock LS3 with headers, MAYBE a cam down the road. I tune Harleys and have my own dyno and not all flash tuners in that world are created equal. Some are so overly complicated that they’re a PITA to use. While others are the Little Tikes version of flash tuning.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,513 Posts

For what you want, I think the Term X will do all you need.
The following users liked this post:
rel3rd (11-12-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

Holley EFI.

Unless you have a background in tuning a stock ECU, specifically EFI Live in this situation, Holley's software is a lot easier to navigate.

Now I know Holley says its "self learning" which is kinda true but mainly a load of crap. You will still need to modify the tune yourself for optimum performance and drivability.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Holley it will be.

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Holley EFI.

Unless you have a background in tuning a stock ECU, specifically EFI Live in this situation, Holley's software is a lot easier to navigate.

Now I know Holley says its "self learning" which is kinda true but mainly a load of crap. You will still need to modify the tune yourself for optimum performance and drivability.
Yeah, I hate the “self learning” marketing terminology some companies use. Um, yeah “auto tune” is exactly what fuel injection does every millisecond lol. It looks like Holley has some easy to use tables to at least get my base map close and gathering data looks simple enough. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Holley's self tuning does work but it's only for the fuel table, It's a big part of the tuning process that all of them not just holley advertise to make it sound like you don't have to do anything but plug it in and go. I will give Holley credit, The software is extremely easy to learn and use.
The following users liked this post:
LilJayV10 (11-15-2021)

Quick Reply: Term X vs EFI Live