Sponsored by:

Ignition and Blow Thru

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 05:05 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Ignition and Blow Thru

I done have a carb and intake so in order to get my project going as quickly as possible, budget deal, I'm starting with blow thru. I'd really like to go Terminator X but I've been thinking about watching for a used ignition set up. I have a 6014 box, that's for sale, but the more I research it, the more I don't like it. What's all of your thoughts on the 6530, MSD, or is there something else out there I should look for? I'd like to have some safeties if possible as this is a SBE gen IV. I'm not up on the latest and greastest and what does what anymore so all of this is new to me.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

The biggest thing that blocked boosted vehicles before EFI got totally mainstream was the engine fires when carb and blower system blew up due to backfire.

Lotus Esprit Turbos the early years, Ferrari played, Porsche, GM, Ford.. they all bled on that sword.
Draw through supercharger setups were right behind them.

Mechanical fuel injection worked, IF you had a blow off plate and blow-off fuel cut.

Check out the terminator forum on the Holley page. READ the terminator manuals.
Check out all the efi options. EFI + Boost is peas and carrots for anybody learning or relearning forced induction.

The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (02-05-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 04:37 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

Anyone run the Daytona Smart Spark? I found a kit for $409.99, don't know if that's everything or not but from what I can tell it is. Just wondering how well it can control timing retard for boost and how well it works in general.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:52 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

No one has had experience with Daytona Smart Spark? Surely someone on here has ran their stuff.

Quick Reply: Ignition and Blow Thru