PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2022 | 08:30 AM
Teching In

Default Tuning help

Been running the holley terminator x for about 2 years now and it's been great, but I'm working on fine tuning it with the recent cam swap. I've watched tons and tons of tutorials and read a lot of threads and information about it. Just looking for some guidance and tips. Got a long road trip coming up and would like to have it atleast dialed in safely. I don't have access to a Dyno, I've just been driving around and screen recording the program and data logging. Started with a base holley tune and let it learn off that first.

My setup is a L33 5.3 with a BTR truck Norris cam, shaved 799 heads for a, on paper, 10.5 :1 compression ratio. Tremec TKX manual trans. I've gotten the base fuel table pretty good. Computer is correcting under 5% all around. Messing with timing currently. I have it set to 20 degrees at idle, 36 at cruising. Around 27 to 32 under acceleration and 22 to 24 at wide open. Blended transitions to each area of the graph. Engine seems happy. AFR table is 14 at idle, 14.7 at cruise and 12.8 at wide open. I know it's different for every engine but I just wanted to make sure I'm in the right ballpark. Rather be safe at this point than make more power. Eventually I will take it to be professionally tuned but I really wanted to learn the system and do this myself.
Old 08-09-2022 | 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

Sounds like you have it fairly well dialed in if the trims are all pretty close.

Quick Reply: Tuning help