PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Fast XFI : is it still relevant?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 11:10 AM
8 Second Club

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default Fast XFI : is it still relevant?

I recently got a car with a XFI system. What is everyone’s opinion on this system?
I sent it to Fast for testing and got the latest firmware installed. It has data logging and traction control. Overkill for me and what I do.
With the enhanced capabilities available via the stock PCM (3 bar Os etc) and newer systems like the Terminator, is the XFI system still relevant?
trying to decide if it is worth learning a new system or if I should just try and sell it.
(Fast XFI and XIM )
Old 06-19-2024, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 605 Likes on 443 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i wouldnt buy or install one but if the car has one and it runs and drives and you dont need more features that it doesnt have there isnt a real big reason to replace it. it squirts fuel and fires coils the same as any ecu.
The following users liked this post:
grubinski (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 07:06 PM
8 Second Club

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
i wouldnt buy or install one but if the car has one and it runs and drives and you dont need more features that it doesnt have there isnt a real big reason to replace it. it squirts fuel and fires coils the same as any ecu.
Thank you. The car was built in 2009 for high speed runs in the salt flats. You nailed it, xfi fires the injectors, xim fires the ignition, and they used some sort of Rossler controller for the trans.
Other features are there but I will not be using them. So, I am taking it back to a 411 PCM and tuning with HPTuners vs learning a whole new system. The 411 will do everything I need.

Old 06-20-2024, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 605 Likes on 443 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

big step backward in my opinion.
the 0411s are reliable and pretty well figured out but theres still common 'mystery' issues with them, plenty of tables that do weird things in edge cases and they are really limited on datalogging.
the xfi is super simple, theres hardly anything to learn.
The following users liked this post:
Old Buzzard (06-22-2024)

Quick Reply: Fast XFI : is it still relevant?