Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start looking?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Where to start looking?

Hey all, so I've noticed a low rpm, low speed, light throttle surge in my camaro (mods in sig).

I never noticed this before because before i moved to a more suburb area, i was always around 35 mph+ and using more than a touch of throttle.

Now, when Im driving into and out of my neighborhood (and being respectful of my neighbors lol) if i am below 1500 rpms and keeping it between 25-30 mph, I am getting some surge that quickly turns into bucking if I don't throttle out of it.

Where should I start looking/what data points should I log? Iac? O2? Where should I look in the tune for adjustments?
Old 07-11-2024, 03:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 484 Likes on 339 Posts

Start by logging the usual stuff like spark, rpm, and ltft/stft. This will let you know what area of the spark table and what MAP values you are in when this happens. If you are really lucky you will find a large transition in the spark or VE table right in the spot where you get the bucking and surging. If that is the case it will be a simple matter of smoothing out those tables a bit. Your problem could be much more complicated, but always start with the simple obvious suspects before chasing difficult stuff.

Quick Reply: Where to start looking?