PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Permanent Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF Permanent Code

I put a 2008 6.2l L92 from an Escalade into my 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser with a manual transmission and I am having issues with the MAF. My tuner used a 2009 LS3 Camaro tune remapped to match my smaller injectors, etc.

I used a card style MAF from a 2009 and I originally did not repin my MAF plug. My intake is 4” with a K&N filter. The engine fired up on the first time and ran flawless even though the MAF was most likely hooked up incorrectly. I ran the engine several times and it ran very well, but I had a permanent MAF code P0102.

After 3 miles of test drives around the block I decided to tackle the MAF problem and I noticed some odd airflow readings. Both images below are on a cold start with the outer temp of the intake being around 77°F. The reading with 104°F is with the stock 2008 Escalade configuration that has the pink wire in pin B.

I switched the pinouts on my MAF to match the 2009 card style sensor. The reading of 82°F seems to have a more accurate MAF reading, but it runs the worst in this configuration.

Here are a few videos showing how it runs with what I think is the correct MAF pinouts:

https://youtube.com/shorts/rmGorMUHDtM?si=5CdIrRrUKB_ow41u

https://youtube.com/shorts/vLgpofDObn0?si=uahzWH9iSPs9AtEH

Is it possible that my intake is too large and the PCM needs to be adjusted to match the size? I switched my MAF pinouts back to factory, reset the code but it doesn’t run any different now, and it’s nowhere near how it ran when I initially started the engine (no tune changes, either).

Last edited by mjshull; 07-10-2024 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2024, 10:04 PM

I forgot to mention the codes that I received with the 2009 MAF pinout switch. I’ll post a picture below. It seems as if the PCM has a conflict with the air volume to throttle ratio. BTW, I switched pinouts B,C and D,E.

Old 07-10-2024, 10:12 PM

here is the wiring diagram that I followed, and a few pictures of the intake and MAF.

Old 07-13-2024, 04:51 PM

I put the correct MAF from 2008 in the intake and the problem resolved.

Quick Reply: MAF Permanent Code