Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS help

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS help

02 Formula M6. When pushing the clutch in...idle jumps to 3500 then slowly comes back down after a few seconds. When the throttle is pressed down in gear...the throttle stays up high for that same 10 seconds before slowly returning only to jump back up again. And this all started when I lost the screw on my TPS and that thing went hogwai. Since then I cannot get it back into adjustment. I've seen stats all over the Internet about what the voltage should be when the key is on and the car is off. I can't adjust the idle when it's running because it jumps too high. I have to find out what the voltage should be with the key on the car off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Today, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

What is the TPS% and voltage with the throttle closed?

Is the car stock or modified?
Old Today, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Did you find the missing bolt for the TPS and have you been trying to correct the issue by adjusting the idle set screw? Idle adjustments are done with the key off and by turning the idle set screw in very small increments and this is where having HPTuners to monitor the IAC's can be really helpful. I'm certainly no tuner but one very important thing you need to do is to set the proper IAC idle airflow with the throttle blade. You will need to get the IAC counts between 30-60 at warm idle with the A/C off to have good idle recovery. If the counts are higher than this then you need to open up the throttle blade more with the set screw and if the counts are lower than 30, you are letting in too much air and you'll need to close the TB blade some. Make sure you shut down the car and start a new log after a throttle adjustment so the TPS sensor will re-index itself.

Quick Reply: TPS help