PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

what all does the tech 2 do???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004 | 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Default what all does the tech 2 do???

i just started working at a gm dealership not too long ago and they have a tech 2 programmer. with this programmer can you delete air and egr and various stuff like that??? any info about it will be helpful
Old 08-23-2004 | 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by evergreen0077
i just started working at a gm dealership not too long ago and they have a tech 2 programmer. with this programmer can you delete air and egr and various stuff like that??? any info about it will be helpful
It cannot delete any codes like that, It is meant as a diagnostic tool only. It does that very well. You can pull freeze frame data, run any test you want like IAC
TCC
EVAP
Injector Kill
EGR test
Fan ON/OFF
Fuel Pump On/OFF
Dash Lamps
Boost Solenoid
Loop Status
Cruise Inhibit
Oil Life Reset
GEN L-Terminal
Fuel Pump Speed
VAT's On/Off
1-2 Solenoid
2-3 Solenoid
PC Solenoid
Shift Transmission
Clear TAP shift
and run other nice diagnostic's like mis-fire checking, etc... You can also re-flash any GM file you want as long as you have the original GM software that has the database of files that you have to download to it. It is not meant to be a re-programmer meaning you can't disable emmissions or tweak your VE tables, etc...
Old 08-23-2004 | 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

you can use it to change flashes also, you just need a hex editor and need to know the locations of the stuff you want to change, then just upload your changed "factory calibration" im positive it can be done..
Old 08-23-2004 | 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wait4me
you can use it to change flashes also, you just need a hex editor and need to know the locations of the stuff you want to change, then just upload your changed "factory calibration" im positive it can be done..
True you can do this but 99.5% of the normal user's don't know the offsets and table matrixes of the bin files. I am not sure if the Tech-II will automatically correct the checksum either after you edit the files.