PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Weird Idle after throwing P1133 code???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004 | 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Weird Idle after throwing P1133 code???

Since putting on headers I've been getting the insufficient O2 switching on the driver's side, code P1133. I put on new Denso O2 sensors and tried to seal everything up around the collector and it still comes on about once every 100 miles or so. Last night it came on and then the car started idling funny, way up at 2500 rpm, then down at 1500, but never at 925 where it was set during a recent tune. I carry an Actron scanner with me, so I plugged in and got the 1133 code and then erased it after pulling off the road. The idle went back to normal. OK, now was that just a coincidence? Or is it real. I had a strange idle the other day without the code, but I fixed it by cleaning a very dirty IAC valve.

If this is real, what is going to happen when I get my friend with HPTuners to turn the code off. He says he won't turn the code off, just make it so it doesn't throw the code. I'd hate to think that if it throws the code, doesn't report it and the car just runs funky! That would be terrible. What should I do?
Old 08-30-2004 | 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

I have had the same problem since the LT's were installed. I replaced the O2 with no help. I read that if you change the O2 with a Bosch #13111 you will not have the problem. The 13111 goes on the rear of a corvette. I have not tried this yet because they are $70 each. Has anyone else heard or tried this?

Bill
Old 08-30-2004 | 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I used the Denso O2 from the back of Vette. Someone on the board said it's supposed to be higher wattage. Don't know about AC Delco's but Denso said that the front and rears are identical on the Vette and Camaros except for the wire length. The rear Vette O2 from Denso did not fix my problem.