Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPEN LOOP TUNING Special in Texas..

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 02:40 PM
AMS
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPEN LOOP TUNING Special in Texas..

I am running a special for September, Open Loop tuning for $325. This includes full tuning with a wideband, on the road...under load. No dynoing with this special, but can be done afterwards for an addtional fee. This tuning is a must for radical combos and big cams...make it purr like a factory stock car

For more info and details, Feel free to PM me or call at the shop

Chris
817-472-7900
Old 09-01-2004, 04:13 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris if your in open loop and the weather changes then the tune is out.I dont see advantages of an open loop tune other than if u run a big cam.What in your opinion are the avantages of open loop,I realize your tuning wot this way but under part throttle its rich,surges and imo just isnt street friendly

I'm a novice so help me understand the benefits...
Old 09-01-2004, 04:56 PM
AMS
On The Tree

JS...with open loop tuning, the computer still uses all the sensors to calibrate for the weather and changes. With Open Loop tuning, you eliminate the 02 sensors...and the inaccuracies that they cause. When I tune this way, I install a wideband sensor and calibrate each table to acheive the perfect A/F for different loads, temps, ect. The maf is still used, which detects more or less airflow...the iat to compensate for air temp, ect. The only thing you really lose is the inaccuracies of the stock 02's!!! Now, if you change something drastic, the car needs to be tweaked, since you don't have the compensating factor built in(02's). The nice thing is, I can program the A/F to be differant at certain points...such as 15:1-15:5 for a lean cruise, 13:8 under moderate throttle, and 13:0 under full throttle. Its just complete control!

Chris
Old 09-01-2004, 10:15 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW I didnt know that,so as long as I still use the MAF and tune the PT and MT area's with my WB I can then set the WOT VIA the WB TOO.But what happend when it gets colder out and u have set WOT and a certain temps.Doesnt WOT since its in OL go out?

EG
I set WOT at 12.6 A/F at 65 degrees
Now it drops to 48 degree's,isnt my WOT tuning now off?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

move to CO please
Old 09-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Launching!

JS...even with a temp drop, the MAF still recognizies the increase in airflow from the increased mass moved. The key to getting consistant performance is to tune for all engine ECT temps. If you cool you car off before you race, be sure to tune and log your A/F at 120 degrees(exmp)....and adjust in the Fuel Air table to suit. Once I set everything up correctly, they have mantained the tune very well.....only had a few problems when people have switched Mafs with a Open Loop tune. That really screws with it, since the MAF becomes such an important metering device. (Since the 02's aren't there to impose a % correction if it is off calibration).

Chris
Old 09-02-2004, 04:34 AM
TECH Junkie

How do you make the car run in "open loop" all the time to take advantage of the tune?

Dale