PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MisFire

Old 09-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MisFire

I am getting a random misfire that I can not clear up. I currently just installed a brand new 370 iron block with 6.0 heads 220/224 581 581 cam which has the STS turbo kit. I know that #1 cylnder is firing but the PCM still throughs a random misfire code. When I look at the cylinder misfire in my table display it shows #1 is misfiring like crazy. The car runs great but I have no clue why this is happening any ideas

Ok here is the latest news. I did the crank relearn and I also changed the misfire DTC Max times all to 32767. I am not get a random misfire code at the PCM but the sanner still shows cylinder 1 misfiring is the scanner reading it wrong or do I really have a misfire? I am using HP tuner so has anyone else had this issue? I can not really feel a mis in the car and it runs great? I figure I will continue to break the car in and see what story the plugs tell me.

Thanks for the help,

Kane
Old 09-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had a similar problem, although my hp tuners is throwing the misfire code i cant seem to find it and certainly cant feel it.. i can here a popping like fire is arcing to the block, but turned out the lights, etc and cant see it, even got under car and couldnt see the arc in the darkness, could it be an internal misfire in the coil packs from sitting so long without use or some other unknown reason,when you replaced with the 370 iron block did you use the same coil packs, if so how long did vehicle set up before you got it running again? my car spun a rod bearing back in may so it set up until just last week with out being run at all. i cant feel the misfire nor can i see it. if you find anything out let me know. thanks man.

Search this Thread