Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes P0172 & P0175, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Codes P0172 & P0175, Help!

I have a '00 T/A w/56K Miles and the SES light just came on reading codes P0172 and P0175. Any ideas what could cause this? I've already been thru three catalytic converters on the car, two right ones and one left (went bad, hindsight its probably due to the car running rich for who knows how long). The light comes and goes......only been running premium gas, clean air filter, no debris in the MAF. Any suggestions on where to start? I don't want to take it to the dealer and be at their mercy for the diagnostics fee if it's something simple like an O2 sensor which is not covered by my extended warranty. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kta--89formula
I have a '00 T/A w/56K Miles and the SES light just came on reading codes P0172 and P0175. Any ideas what could cause this? I've already been thru three catalytic converters on the car, two right ones and one left (went bad, hindsight its probably due to the car running rich for who knows how long). The light comes and goes......only been running premium gas, clean air filter, no debris in the MAF. Any suggestions on where to start? I don't want to take it to the dealer and be at their mercy for the diagnostics fee if it's something simple like an O2 sensor which is not covered by my extended warranty. Any input would be appreciated.

Other then what you have checked along with anything trapped in the throttle body the next thing would be to check your emission system for vacuum leaks, then your EVAP, and pressure regulator and injectors ... Helms has nothing after that .. oh and don't forget to check that the O2s are mounted correctly and all connections and wires are good .....