PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could my car actually be slower?

Old 09-27-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default could my car actually be slower?

Hey guys i have a 98 TA, auto. I have the following mods, 2002 ls6 cam and springs, midwest 3400 stall, 373 gears, air lid, ported throttle body,160 stat, no cats w true duals dumped, all free mods, no air,smog crap, with no tuning at all... the question is could the car actually be slower than it was stock it sure doesnt seem to pull as hard as it did before all the mods.... could the no tuning be killing me or have i just gotten used to it and it feels....
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

also is there a website where poeple have posted generic tunes that worked for there car w/ similar mods...
Originally Posted by zaner
Hey guys i have a 98 TA, auto. I have the following mods, 2002 ls6 cam and springs, midwest 3400 stall, 373 gears, air lid, ported throttle body,160 stat, no cats w true duals dumped, all free mods, no air,smog crap, with no tuning at all... the question is could the car actually be slower than it was stock it sure doesnt seem to pull as hard as it did before all the mods.... could the no tuning be killing me or have i just gotten used to it and it feels....
Old 09-27-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

It certainly should feel faster..though where are the headers ?? Need to have scan software to see if O2s are in the ballpark, what effective timing you get and whether you have knock, etc .....
Old 09-27-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I too thought the same thing. The car is probably not slower, but more like your getting use to it. Racing is an addiction.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i prolly should get a tune....... i wondered if my stall was incorrect for my cam coice i know they are both fairly mild compared to alot on here
Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I too thought the same thing. The car is probably not slower, but more like your getting use to it. Racing is an addiction.

Search this Thread