PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to fix bucking

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lower your running airflow to 8.6. Part-throttle Lterms means above idle. If you're getting surging at idle you need to modify the RAF, as I mentioned, possibly the ve (out of curiousity, what are your Lterms and IAC's at idle a/c off?), and/or possibly the timing table(s) (as in pull/decrease timing). Drill the throttle body if you like, but my car runs like stock; a friend's car with same exhaust as mine, forged-stock bottom end, Stage 3 LS6's and a MUCH bigger cam than mine with 11.5:1 CR runs even better than my car does (My TB is going bad). If you drill your TB blade breather hole too much you will increase surging and will be forced to buy a new TB. I agree with P Mack about 35 IAC counts at idle a/c off.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Lower your running airflow to 8.6. Part-throttle Lterms means above idle. If you're getting surging at idle you need to modify the RAF, as I mentioned, possibly the ve (out of curiousity, what are your Lterms and IAC's at idle a/c off?), and/or possibly the timing table(s) (as in pull/decrease timing). Drill the throttle body if you like, but my car runs like stock; a friend's car with same exhaust as mine, forged-stock bottom end, Stage 3 LS6's and a MUCH bigger cam than mine with 11.5:1 CR runs even better than my car does (My TB is going bad). If you drill your TB blade breather hole too much you will increase surging and will be forced to buy a new TB. I agree with P Mack about 35 IAC counts at idle a/c off.
Hey thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be going home this weekend (college student) so i'll log some more and let you know what i find. I plan on opening the tb with the set screw, not by drilling. I do know that my ltrims were +8-10 at idle and the rest weren't quite as positive, but I forgot to log the iac counts when it was warmed up. I'll let ya know what I find. Again thanks for the help guys!!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I found a log file that I forgot I had. It showed that at a hot idle, ac off, my iac counts were 110-115. It also showed desired airflow was 9.3. My stft were looking good at idle, about -4 to 0 although the ltfts still showed like +9 or so. It idles nice but my problems are cold start surging, and bad bucking under like 1200 or so. Hot starts aren't bad, but it still surges a little.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are those IAC counts in park? You need to look at what they are in park, not in gear.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I have an M6 and that was in neutral with an idle speed of about 875.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok then...get them down and that will fix your problem.