PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need instrument cluster when swapping to tune?

Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need instrument cluster when swapping to tune?

I'm planning a 6.0l 4l80e conversion for my 72 Chevelle right now. Now I have some questions about tuning this puppy. When I swap the engine and tranny in I will be running the factory wiring harness and ecu. Now as for tuning software??? Whats a user friend, lots of adjustability, and decent price? Now will I need the factory instrument cluster for all this to work? Reason being... Right now I have a cable(Sweep) speedo and the 4l80e is electronic correct? Getting hard to explain... Pretty much, How can I do tuning with the electronic tuning but cable driven speedo? Please try and make sence of what I'm trying to say, its rather hard I will be cable for now, but have the slight chance of going to electronic.

Any help would do wonders!

-Matt
Old 09-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Teching In

You can buy something called "cable X" this is an electronic box that spins a cable for the old style speedo. OR you can buy a modified tail housing that will contain a speedo drive. Either way tuiing will be normal as any other VSS equipped vehicle. I went through all of this quite some time ago in a 4L80 swap for a 454 chevelle.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

As for tuning now, should I wait for HP v1.5?

-Matt

Search this Thread