Sponsored by:

Need a quick bit of input --->

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:43 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a quick bit of input --->

Currently have an LT1 edit tune in my '94. The tune is no longer optimized for my combo as I have changed heads and exhaust system since it was done.

Have a buddy with Tunercat for '94/95 LT1's who has volunteered to help me tweak the tune (it's running rich on the new combo). However, neither of us is very knowledgeable about PCM tuning (danger, danger). We are aiming to do some very small tweaks, but only if Tunercat is compatible.

Anyone know? Can we modify an LT1 Edit tune with Tunercat? Which table should we start with to take just 2-3% of fuel out at WOT? I also may want to add 1 degree of timing at higher RPM.

TIA.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, they are compatible. There is a niffty little program called tuneconv.exe , that converts .lt1 into .bin files and back. This way you can view the same file with both LT1-Edit and TunerCATS.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by felton316
Yeah, they are compatible. There is a niffty little program called tuneconv.exe , that converts .lt1 into .bin files and back. This way you can view the same file with both LT1-Edit and TunerCATS.

You don't need that program anymore, Tunercat has been able to open .LT1 files natively for serveral versions now.
If you don't have the .LT1 file you can just do a read and it will save it as a .BIN file anyways.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by monodax
You don't need that program anymore, Tunercat has been able to open .LT1 files natively for serveral versions now.
If you don't have the .LT1 file you can just do a read and it will save it as a .BIN file anyways.

Damn, well you can tell I haven't messed with LT1's in quite some time. I have both LT1-edit and tunerCATS and I didn't even know that.