PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had car tuned, now idle problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had car tuned, now idle problem.

I had my car tuned last wednesday at Speed inc. and now have an idle problem. After the car is warmed up, i push in the clutch the idle rises to 2k and stays there for~ 20 seconds before slowly returning to 850. I first noticed it on my way home from the tuning, but just figured the pcm may have to "relearn". If I turn the car off the problem will go away for awhile, but always comes back. I tried unplugging the connector on the tb (idle speed controller i assume) and the problem seems to go away. This is driving me nuts, very annoying in stop and go traffic! Speed inc is closed today and tomorrow so I thought I'd try here. tia-garrett
Old 10-04-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

It is a setting in the tune....
He has your cold starts ok, but the settings for air/ idle or IAC when at operating temps are not right.

You need to get him/them to adjust it for you. it will NOT go away.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I talked with them today and he said it was et up that way to prevent stalling. I'll have to run it back down there to get it fixed. Is there any problem with leaving the idle speed controller unplugged for now? The car seems to be fine without it plugged in.