PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences in tune for 5.3L and 6.0L?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Differences in tune for 5.3L and 6.0L?

I have a PCMFORLESS tune for a mild cam in my 5.3L truck. Basically i was wondering if my friend bought my cam and installed it in his 6.0 truck, and we swapped PCM's also, will they run decent? im trading mine in so if it'll run decent, thats fine with me, but what about his truck? IT would be nice if it would work out, it would save us both a little money. Thanks for any help

Chad
Old 10-04-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Swapping PCM's would not be so easy. All the tables would need to be adjusted for the differences between the two motors - different VE, displacement, PE, timing, etc. Plus, the VIN numbers would no longer match, which would wreak havoc with the BCM and anti-theft systems.

Easiest thing would be to pull the cam and just get his truck tuned properly once you put it in. Your truck should still run with the modified tune in there. Or, maybe you could talk to pcmforless about a deal on a tune swap?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply. I figured it wouldnt work out so well, but i was unsure. I'll see if i can work out a deal with pcmforless.

Chad

Quick Reply: Differences in tune for 5.3L and 6.0L?