Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i need tuning???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default do i need tuning???

I just bought 28.8 lb injectors with a rail from TSP along with a 255 lph in tank pump.

My car is a 00 ,is it neccesary to tune the car or will it run ok on the stock 00 programming?
I am in the process of trying to find a good tuner in my area,i want to find out if i can drive the car or if it is not going to work real well.

I have added Hooker LT's,ORY pipe,Borla,Lid,TR6's deleted the A.I.R and the EGR systems . Also have a SS4000 stall convertor and Nitrous(wetkit).

TIA.
Dave
Old 12-11-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would be a good idea to at least get the injector table correct... going from 26 to 28's will cause you to run rich
Old 12-11-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
I just bought 28.8 lb injectors with a rail from TSP along with a 255 lph in tank pump.

My car is a 00 ,is it neccesary to tune the car or will it run ok on the stock 00 programming?
I am in the process of trying to find a good tuner in my area,i want to find out if i can drive the car or if it is not going to work real well.

I have added Hooker LT's,ORY pipe,Borla,Lid,TR6's deleted the A.I.R and the EGR systems . Also have a SS4000 stall convertor and Nitrous(wetkit).

TIA.
Dave
If all you did was the list you mentioned here, you didn't need to upgrade the fuel system. You are better off to wait on installing the fuel stuff you got, until you do some real upgrades that require it.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

holllyy cow!!! 822 horse power!!! man i need an f1......... bryan i bet your car is fun, to say the least.. someday, someday...
Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
If all you did was the list you mentioned here, you didn't need to upgrade the fuel system. You are better off to wait on installing the fuel stuff you got, until you do some real upgrades that require it.
The plans i have for next season include upping the nitrous jets and picking out a cam to go with my 4000 rpm stall convertor.

I had plans to go with a turbo set-up,but my money is not agreeing with that plan right now.
I took advantage of the sale at TSP and bought the Z06 injectors w/rail for $60. This way i know for a fact that i am not going to run out of fuel when i spray this thing.

I have run a NX 150 RWHP kit for over a year now and want to replace my 90,000 mile injectors and add alittle more fuel pump to it for later mods.

I don't have 822 hp,but with a tune i would like to put down 475+ on the bottle. 822 HORSEPOWER .

Dave