Sponsored by:

Need some help from the pros

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need some help from the pros

Afternoon all,
I'm having some trouble w/ my 01 TA. Here's the scoop: couple weeks ago, I bottomed out while driving. This gave my undercarriage on side 2, mainly the plate below the control arms, a good jarring. After it happened, my idle was crappy and the exhaust smelled rich. This also caused the SES light to come on. Hooked up to a reader, it said bank 2 was running too lean. My O-2 sensors looked to be untouched and I had no clue what the cause was. I took it to a garage who told me my MAF was bad. I replaced it with one from Granetelli w/ cold air tuning and the idle seemed normal again but the SES light came on after about 20 mins of driving. Code reader said it was the MAF, O2 sensor, or an injector prob b/c side 2 was still lean. I replaced the O2 sensor before the cat on side 2 and now it's saying side 1 AND 2 are too lean. I also am running some potent fuel-injector cleaner through it, hoping it's just a clogged injector. Is the MAF the cause? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thanks!
Old 12-19-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the ENG SEN fuse in the underhood fuse panels

when you bottomed out , did the exhaust get jarred hard? Possible leak... this would cause fresh air to be sucked in, which would go past the Oxygen sensor... the O2 sensor would then think you needed more fuel since you weren't having a complete burn and would command the PCM to add more fuel

I bet your LTRIMS are pegged at +25% for that side...

Also try putting your stock MAF back on... stock MAF is the best option for these motors