PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are the any multi-tune programs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are the any multi-tune programs?

my friend has a version of super chips that has multiple programs on it, he has this little box under his glove box with a **** on it and he can adjust all kinds of stuff on it and when he gets a new mod like ring and pinion or TC or something like that he just goes to a guy here in NC and he retunes it for him,the only problem is this guy only does fords. I want something like this because i am running a 100 shot and dont like driving around town with my timing retarded. so if you all know of anything like that let me know hopefully in the NC area.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yah hptuners lol takes 30 seconds to load a new tune so you could have an na tune on the street & a nitrous tune for the track in 30 seconds or less
Old 12-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Restricted User

Running a dry shot, you can find a very competent tuner that can pull the timing when on the spray! Therefore allowing you to run around on a street killer tune, but once the dry nitrous hit the MAF and drops the intake temps way the hell down, it immediately pulls the timing *hint hint*

Charlie
Old 12-22-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SCT chips will give you 4 programs, plus stock through the rotary switch for ford applications.

however, due to the GM design, of flash only, you can't switch on the fly. But as stated a good tuner can retard timing when on the spray.

Ryan
Old 12-22-2004, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

With a megasquirt (I'm guessing other standalone EMSs do this) you can store multiple fuel & spark timing tables (3 separate ones each) and have them switched on the fly by just about anything... (RPM, manifold pres., CLT, IAT or combinations)

For example, you can have it switch to an advanced timing & fuel map for a race fuel tune, toggled by a switch on the dash.

Or you can have it change to a retarded ignition map based on it's own NOS-triggering, so whenever the NOS circuit is enabled, you're running on an alternate ignition or fuel map (or both). However the NOS circuit also has an option to add fuel without requiring the use of the alternate maps, also.

You can also save different tunes on "chips." These are the Motorola computers, costing about $12 apiece, that you can have multiple tunes burnt on and just swap chips quickly for different tunes.