Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST sequential

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST sequential

I am doing homework to soon build an LS1/LS6 to run at around 12 psi, so I plan on getting some sort of PCM that will allow me to use software on a laptop to control (hopefully) all the normal parameters and also timing, wideband O2 (air/fuel), and possibly 1 stage nitrous. So, I am looking at the FAST sequential kit right now and am wondering if a piggyback is necessary for timing control or if it already has software and some sort of sensor (CPS) to allow this...I know it has a wideband O2 option, but I don't want to have to run 5 separate boxes plus the laptop. Any guidance at all welcome, thanks.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Teching In

..Certainly someone on here knows...
Old 12-25-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need at least 2 boxes, because of the LS1's coil on plug setup. So you need the FAST ECU, plus an E-Distributor module. The FAST setup is not a piggyback system; it is a stand-alone engine controller that completely replaces the stock ECU and wiring harness. It comes with a LS1-specific wiring harness that plugs in to all sensors, injectors, and actuators. The E-Dist module comes with the coil harness, which also plugs right into the ECU. A magazine did a step-by-step install of a FAST ECU and E-Dist a few months ago on their crate LS1 project motor, but I forget which one. It's either Popular Hot Rodding, GM High Tech Performance, Chevy High Performance, or Car Craft.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Thanks, TooSlow, that was helpful!