PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

do i need the enhanced IO version?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005 | 04:52 PM
7 Second Club

Default do i need the enhanced IO version?

what is it for.... in the next 2 weeks ill be changing gears then by spring ill be throwing the T-rex in... what does the enhanced IO version of HPT do... and do i need it for what i am doing??

future head and cam car with mabey a 125ish shot...
Old 01-10-2005 | 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want to monitor a wideband o2 sensor with HPT, you'll need the enhanced IO.

There are some other things you can use it for too, like to trigger the nitrous on or off at a programmed rpm spec.
Old 01-10-2005 | 05:44 PM
7 Second Club

so ill be looking at 650$... man o man..... people aint kiddin when they say whoever has the most $ goes the fastest....
Old 01-11-2005 | 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say it's not absolutely necessary. A lot of people tuned with the prior version.

But if you don't do your own wideband monitoring, you'll probably want to get it on a dyno and have the a/f monitored there. So there's an additional expense there, if you go with the cheaper version.

Oh yeah, even if you get the enhanced i/o, that's capable of monitoring a wideband sensor, you still have to get a wideband sensor and install it.... So factor that in too. (I need to start shopping for one too - there are 3? brands that seem to be the favorites - LM1 and Zeitronix are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.)
Old 01-11-2005 | 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by John_D.
I'd say it's not absolutely necessary. A lot of people tuned with the prior version.

But if you don't do your own wideband monitoring, you'll probably want to get it on a dyno and have the a/f monitored there. So there's an additional expense there, if you go with the cheaper version.

Oh yeah, even if you get the enhanced i/o, that's capable of monitoring a wideband sensor, you still have to get a wideband sensor and install it.... So factor that in too. (I need to start shopping for one too - there are 3? brands that seem to be the favorites - LM1 and Zeitronix are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.)
it isnt necessary but you will still want to get a w/b or get it on a dyno that has a w/b to tune wot fueling...you can also upgrade for basically the same price if you feel it becomes a necessity in time...fwiw zextronics w/b's have been having problems with the software and nobody has figured out an exact calculation to add it...close but not exact...lm1, plx, wideband commander have been doing well though.
Old 01-11-2005 | 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
so ill be looking at 650$... man o man..... people aint kiddin when they say whoever has the most $ goes the fastest....
oh and how does the saying go? Speed costs money, how fast do you wanna go? If your planning on buying $1000-2000 heads a $400 cam, a $2200 12 bolt in the future i think an investment of $1000 for hptuners and a wideband is minimal considering you can tune for those new gears in the 12 bolt and get your a/f in line with the wideband and hptuners...its the price you pay for going fast.

Have fun
Bill