PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i need a tune? stall and headers newb.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need a tune? stall and headers newb.

mods in sig.. kinda stalled out from time to time which i have read coulda been the nitrous plugs and stall converter causing it to surge a lil at redligts ect... i adjusted the tb screw and bumped the idle up to around 900rpms, the computer then takes and somehow bumps it down to around 650 still, so i only really raised it about 100rpms i think which seemed to take care of the surging... i took a pic, and marked it so i can put it back where it was before a tune.

ive since added ported macs and a ory pipe and we'll prolly get true duals or a single bullet style muffler on the end of the y pipe, also did allthe free mods, modified the airlid and did a real nice job i thought porting the tb. so i should be flowing lots more air over the stock stuff. the surging has started coming back a lil bit since the headers, not enuff to cut the car off.. sometimes the car will have a really strong pull, then seem to kinda fall off the next run, hard to tell by the seat of ur pants tho.. im thinking its running rich or lean or well not right. somtimes i can smell a lil gas fumes, but that sounds common.

i know a tune can help the drivability like with surging.. and i planned on getting one when and if i ever got a cam. but will a tune for the converter and b/o motor be able to help me knock 2 tenths more off or add 15-20rwhp?

ne guesses on what the car could dyno, tuned? it ran a 12.8 best on 1 of 3 n/a 1/4 mile passes its made with c/o and lid and nitto drags at the time.. trapped b/t 107.5 and 108mph. but it was a non option lightweight car..