Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 11:13 PM
liqour enthusiest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knock sensor codes

i was wondering you can delete the knock sensor codes just like the 02 sensor codes, l im throwin a knock sensor code, but i need to take emmissions and instead of pulling the car apart i thought it owuld be easier for now just to delete it so i can pass emissions and replace it while its hibernating for the winter

thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes knock codes can be deleted... but if you ever go WOT on your car I would not advise this...

if a knock sensor code is being set then there is a problem...
Old 01-22-2005, 12:20 AM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by horist
yes knock codes can be deleted... but if you ever go WOT on your car I would not advise this...

if a knock sensor code is being set then there is a problem...
its saying low voltage, in the rear bank. so i was going to take emmissions but i might as well just replace it. i pressure washed my engine bay and i guess moisture got under neath there is a bulletin on it.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rear bank is unusual.. normallly it's a P0327 code .. the front bank gets flooded from natural causes ....

regardless... a knock code will toss you into the low octane tables AND pull timing ... so performance will DIE ...

what code is it setting ? P0xxx ?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:51 AM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by horist
rear bank is unusual.. normallly it's a P0327 code .. the front bank gets flooded from natural causes ....

regardless... a knock code will toss you into the low octane tables AND pull timing ... so performance will DIE ...

what code is it setting ? P0xxx ?
i dont know, its been a while since ive driven the car, but i checked it at work with our HDS(honda diag scanner) and it says rear bank low voltage. and i looked up on all data about the dtc and it was saying that i need to put a wall of rtv(spelling) around the rear knock sensor and replace the knock sensor.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
liqour enthusiest

P0332 is the code

File In Section: 06 - Engine/Propulsion System

Bulletin No.: 02-06-04-023A

Date: June, 2002

TECHNICAL

Subject:
Audible Spark Knock (Detonation), MIL Illuminated, DTC P0332 Set (Replace Rear Bank Knock Sensor and RTV Area Around Sensor)
Models:
1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette
1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird
with 5.7L Engine (VIN G - RPO LS1)
1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2002 Chevrolet Avalance
1999-2002 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
2002 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT
with 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L Engine
(VINs V, T, Z, N, U - RPOS LR4, LM7, L59, L09, L04)

This bulletin is being revised to add Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade EXT to the Models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-06-04-023 (Section 6 - Engine/Propulsion System).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a mild to severe engine ping (commonly referred to as spark knock), usually worse during acceleration and/or an illuminated MIL. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC P0332 set.

Cause

This condition may be the result of corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity. This condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers frequently wash the engine compartment.

Correction

Replace the rear bank knock sensor and build a dam (wall) around the sensor using RTV to divert water away from the sensor. Use the procedure and part number listed.

thats the bulletin i got off of all data

Quick Reply: knock sensor codes