Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holding up during 2-3 shift

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holding up during 2-3 shift

the car has (for now) 2.73 gears, 3800 stall, and i have hptuners.

the problem is that during cruising and/or wot, the car does not push forward during the 2-3 shift like it does for the 1-2 shift. it feels like the car falls on it's face for a split second and your head actually goes forward a little bit unlike on the 1-2 or the 3-4 shift where the car jumps forward a little bit. it does not slip into gear at all.

a while ago i adjusted the torque management so it did not affect the shifts but it is not deleted completly, just for the most part. i have a feeling that is the culpret (feels like t/m issue but not sure).

my desired shift times are .100, i tried adding +2mph to the shift tables but it didn't make a difference.

what else can i try? if more information is needed i can try to explain further, but it basically feels like the car looses a little bit of acceleration during the 2-3 shift.

any torque management settings would be appreciated. i guess i could just get rid of all together but i want to avoid this.

it is getting 3.42's in it sometime but till then i'd like it to shift nice.

thanks in advance..
Old 01-24-2005, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right before the shift look for KR. I had this happening to me a couple of months ago. I decreased timing just a little and increased shift time. It is a lot better now. My TM is also deleted.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

im ALMOST sure there is no kr between and around shifts but i will check on that.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Launching!

I also have the same problem but from 1-2 shift. Its in my 99 Z71 5.3L. I scanned it with efilive and i noticed that timing is going like from 16 all the way down to -2 in the shift from 1-2. Looked for KR and no sign. I with sleeper im stumped
Old 01-24-2005, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

if it is pulling timing without kr it is definetly a torque management issue- i should check my timing during that shift but my car SHOULD NOT be pulling timing.