Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and Brake light on...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and Brake light on...

Well, I was driving down the freeway when my tranny decides to take a dump. Thats not the real problem ( its under warranty). I have it towed on home on a flat trailer. When I get it home, and I go and move it in the driveway, the ABS and brake lights are on. They were not on when i drove it on to the trailer. Any reccomendations?? The car is at the tranny shop now, but im going to have to check that out. The car still had 1st and 2nd, so I did drive it to the shop. The brakes work fine. I hooked up my scanner, and cant seem to clear the abs light.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Regular

Check to see if one of the wiring harness's for the ABS sensor near one of the wheel wells has been unplugged. It can happen when strapping down a vehicle - as this happened to my car once when it was dynoed. It happended when they strapped down the rear axle. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check it out once i get the car home. It sounds very possible.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your fuses under the hood. I had the same light when I pulled the fuses at the track. (So I would stop warpping my rotors) Definitely check that herness plug also.