Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning help, PLEEZE

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning help, PLEEZE

Hopefully someone can help my ignorant ***. I just installed an F-11 cam, my car won't idle. It did idle for a while a few times, but when it falls off it won't hold an idle after that. I'm also getting some codes, 1 I know why, the other 2 I don't. Below are the codes.

P0171 - Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 (SES) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Pending) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P0412 - Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Solenoid Relay Control Circuit Bank 1 (Pending) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)

The PO412 is because I removed the last of my AIR stuff I think.

I have HP tuners, but don't really know how to tune, just how to change gear ratio's, fan turn on temps, Rev limits & the other simple stuff like, shutting off my rear O2's & CAGS. Just basic stuff.

The car won't idle & it seems to be breaking up @ mid RPM's around 3500.

MODS are full bolton's with the exception of a ported TB. F11 cam, Harlan Sharp 1.7's & FFHP Stage II heads milled .015". Right now I'm running NGK TR55's @ stock gap.

What can I do to get it to idle without drilling my TB. Anyone wanna get some P.M.'s going to help me?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well i would set the po300 code to 3 which will get rid of that code basically same with your air codes delete all of them...fuel trim im not really sure why your seeing that other then mechanical problems ie plug/wire issues or seomthing to that effect.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/177230-stop-drilling-those-tbs-fix-stalling-without-computer-tuning.html

for idle (a few threads up...)_

i'd do what was said above and clear all of the codes, try to see if that lean bank1 code comes back.

if it comes back start logging to narrow the problem down to an actual lean condition or a malfunction of the 02's or whatever.

if it is breaking up then i would stop going wot till you get it sorted out. it could be pulling alot of timing due to a lean condition and knock.

fuel filter is also a good idea to change- cheap and easy.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

I got the idle done, I wanted to tune it out, but instead I just went ahead & re-set the TPS & adjusted the TB.

I've been thinking it might be 02 related, Can't I use my old rear O2's as my front 02's?

On an 02 car if I put the coil packs on the wrong banks that shouldn't make any difference? Should it? I'm positive that I got my coil packs back on the sides that they belong, but for some reason I've been thinking that I might have messed up put them on the wrong cylinder banks.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes you can use your rear O2's....swapping coil packs bank to bank won't matter