Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF question when tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MAF question when tuning

ok i have a ported maf and i was reading the post in here about making a maf table. seems really complicated and i would have to get my hp tuners to start figuring this out, or i guess if someone has a table for a ported maf ends i could copy it.

question is, can i replace the ported end, revert to teh stock maf sensor and tune everything else and be done with it?

and then after that if i wanted to put the maf sensor on is there a maf table that i could use to dial in the ltft's to what they were before? im not really understanding all this and trust me i have read and read and read on this topid. so can someone please explain? thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's an easy way and a hard way. Both ways work, but the easy way is like cutting a corner and won't be consistent to you motor's operation. The hard way is not 100% infallible either, but it takes into account each individual motor's configuration, and also each individual MAF configuration.

IE. Your ported MAF might be similar to mine, but our MAFs are 2 completely different pieces when talking about the sensitivity of the MAF electronics.

You can copy someone else's MAF tables or scale up/down accordingly, and it will work but only to a certain extent. By rebuilding your own specific MAF curve for your specific motor/tune/mods, that's the closest you can get to having a "perfectly tuned motor"

It all depends on how **** you are, if you just want something that works, then go the easy route, if you are a total perfectionist then try the hard way and you're welcome to IM me with any questions! It's easier to explain when talking live that way any immediate confusion can be addressed! Hit me up! TXHorns281
Old 01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright thanks, ill prob im you once i get a little more knowledge from your other post u have going. thanks!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem! We're all students here!