Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to find good reading on this stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default where to find good reading on this stuff

this is for hp tuners, i posted on their site and figured i should put it here too

i have gone through here looking at some things but i get confused. where can i go to get some good and clear information on these next few things? i dont have the programing yet but will be getting it soon. i would like to have a basic understanding before i get it though.

starting out i have to chang emy injector table, copy it, turn off codes, change fan temps and then have at it. that initial stuff should be strait forward right?

ok so with the stock maf on the car and stock tune besides the stuff above i listed, i have read about tuning with it and without it and SD, i really dont know about this stuff. i know what the fuel trims need to be at. is there a good write up on what table needs to be tuned and how to do it different ways with the maf? like i said i have got some help on this but im still confused on what to do. anywhere that has good reading? i have read some good stuff here but am still confused, maybe i missed something.

the maf is my main confusion. wot and timing seems to be simple. i should only adjust wot timing from about 2800 right? any tips in that area? is that about it? am i missing anything?

also, what of the logging features are most helpful in getting the tune down good? thanks guys
Old 01-31-2005, 08:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hptuners gives you a default for the scanner most of what they give you is a very good start...the stuff like fan temps and codes are very easy and self explanatory...as far as SD tuning check out the v8 section on hptuners.com the wideband and narrowband tuning thread will explain what needs to be done for the most part.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok cool i lost taht link you sent but ill go there and check it out