PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remove o2 for wideband reading on dyno?

Old 01-31-2005, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default remove o2 for wideband reading on dyno?

I looked but didnt see anything on this. I need to dyno saturday and dont know if i will have time to get a bung installed and dont want to anyway on these headers since they are about to be sold. They said it will cost $50 if they have time b4 the dyno.

do o2's work druing wot? for some reason im thinking they dont do anything and if this is the case can i just plug the wb in there?

If not where is a cheap place to order one?
thanks
Old 01-31-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

during WOT the O2 sensors are not used for adjustments... however w/out a working O2 sensor that bank isn't going to run right during acceleration to go WOT

If not where is a cheap place to order one?
You mean a wideband O2? If so you need the O2 sensor AND the controller ... which are around 300 or so (some brands are more some are less)
Old 01-31-2005, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Im going to order the wb setup as well. I was looking at the thread a few lines down

But the dyno place has the wb for now i just need a bung by friday Probably any exhaust shot woud have them?
Old 01-31-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, if the dyno place has a wideband setup they'll prolly just stick it in the exhaust... through the tail pipes... no need to put the sensor in a bung (everytime I've had my car dynoed w/wideband they've used a sensor shoved in from the back)
Old 01-31-2005, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

thats how the last place did it as well but this place cant do it like that. thanks for it info
Old 01-31-2005, 07:00 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
during WOT the O2 sensors are not used for adjustments... however w/out a working O2 sensor that bank isn't going to run right during acceleration to go WOT
If you don't leave the original sensor plugged in, hanging there by the harness, it will run fine that way. Just won't go into closed loop. They don't normally go into closed loop that soon after startup (unless it is an LS2) anyway. Many dyno shops do that all the time. Even if it sets a DTC, it won't make it run one bit different @ WOT.

Ed

Search this Thread