tuning software

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning software

i just want som down to earth honest answers
i am building a sonoma with a 99 5.3 in it

its gettin a hot cam maybe intake and tb before it goes in and all emissions will be gone

next winter im building a 6 liter bottom end for it and porting the heads with a heafty cam

im lookin for what software is the most user friendly easy to use and will turn off the emission codes and will be able to tune what i need tuned and i will more than likely run a wideband 02

any input will be appreciated
Old 01-31-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the poll in this thread. It was fairly recent so should be near the top. See what a buncha people thought!

HPT all the way
Old 01-31-2005, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monster7
im lookin for what software is the most user friendly easy to use and will turn off the emission codes and will be able to tune what i need tuned and i will more than likely run a wideband 02

any input will be appreciated

They'll all let you turn off emission codes... I've only ever used LS1 Edit and HP Tuners... and I can say that HP Tuners is the best software I've ever used... it's pretty intuitive, the scanner and editor are mated together perfectly... fast reads and writes...

They're (HP Tuners) going to be releasing 2.0 version of their software this year... they've been around for about a year already, so their product has changed alot based on customer requests...

The licensing scheme is awesome because it's not locked to the PCM at all... you get to choose 2 licenses on purchase and those licenses are year/model locked ... which means it has a good resale value (also if you have several friends w/same year and type PCMs , you can use it on all of them )

There are several posts similar to this in the last few pages of this section... so I suggest reading through for user testimonials of the various products

HP Tuners use manual is downloadable on their web site, it's a really good read (~120 pages last I checked)