Sponsored by:

A.I.R. code question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A.I.R. code question

Hey gang,
Was wondering were code P0410 (secondary AIR system) is triggered from.The relay on the electric pump?or the electrical switching valve (behind engine)..Sorry,it's a 99 C5.

Also,what is the code reading?Temp,air flow,...i don't see any flow switches or other sensors.

I'm experimenting with something.I blocked off the AIR to exhaust manifolds,left the check valves hanging,open on the ends.Also disconnected the feed hose from the air filter.....No codes for a week.
I removed the 2 check valves (from each side manifold) and got code PO410.I can hear the pump for the 120 seconds,then go off,so i know the pump is not the code.
As you all probably know already,vettes don't have EGR,and i have sims on the rear o2s,so i'm looking for a way to "trick" the system without deleting any codes.I'm going to try a couple more things tonight,but was hoping to get some advise from you guy's first.Oh,pulling the fuse doesn't work either.FWIW
Mahalo dudes...
Old 02-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

code sets because you have the hoses disconnected from the air injection---when
pcm turns air injection pump on it looks to see that o2 sensor voltages go low--
if hoses from air injection are disconnected this won't happen and code will set