Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tunning help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunning help

hello everyone. I am new to this forum and was looking for a little help. jsut purchased a 00 z28 w/cam and lt's maf sensor. the car was supposed to have a custom tune on it when i bought it, but when i bought it the owner took out the programming. know car idles low and is throwing misfire codes and o2 codes. my question is who do you guys recommend out of diablo or hypert. or do you know of anyone who can do custom tuning. any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where are you located?

if you click the button on the top right side of the screen, you can put in your zip code and find sponsers close to you. alot of the ls1 speed shops can do full out dyno tuning etc. i had all my emissions equipment stuff and rear O2 sensors deleted by MTI in houston for 75 bux. a full dyno tune will run alot more. there are a few places who do mail order tunes, where you send in your PCM and they tune it and send it back to you. i wouldnt reccommend this if you live within driving distance from a shop though.

which cam does it have (do you know the specs?)? which MAF? most just stick to the stock MAF due to its great functionality and pretty respectable flow.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

located in twin falls id. the cam is at 218/218
Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well a cam that small, shouldnt even need a tune to run great. that MAF is probably doing more harm than the cam is. most people on here would tell you to throw a stock MAF on it and it would relearn the air/fuel nicley.

if the car is throwing O2 codes, you need to find out if they are the rear O2's or front O2's. if it has LT's it probably doesnt have cats on it. is this the case? rear O2 codes do not affect the performance of the car at all, misfire codes do however. the car uses the rear O2's to make sure the cats are working right, they are worthless for anything outside of emissions. does it have O2 simulators on it?

the computer uses the front O2's extensivly in determining the air/fuel ratio for the car.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dont even waste your money on those. Get www.hptuners.com
Old 02-12-2005, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

does anuone in the idaho area hae this hp tunner installed in there car and if so pm me and let know how it works.