Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GD I hate wires.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GD I hate wires.

Ok i know i have LT1 but i think LS1 guys can help as well being i have OBD2.

Man i am really frustrated guys. I have an LT1 scanmaster on my car. I installed a couple years ago. I bought the scanmaster before they had the plug that went with the cord, so i had to hard wire it into my OBD2 connection wires underneath the dash.

Ok to the problem. The scanmaster is not reading anymore. Now i know that the problem is not from the scanmaster because i tried to plug up an OBD2 scanner and it will not read.

I am sure that it has to do with the wiring around the OBD2 connector.
I tried to remedy this and only made it worse. I wound up cutting all of the wires that go to the connector , and extending them with more color coded wires to give me more room to work with the plug. I have reconnected all of the wires a couple times now. I have not reconnected the wires back to the factory way because i cant really get enough wire and room.

I am kinda screwed as i dont really know how to diagnose the wiring underneath. I have a voltmeter and i was just going to go from wire to wire and make sure i am getting the proper voltage from each wire.
Does anybody know how to help me diagnose this problem.
I feel retarded because i was trying to do something to help read my car better, and now i cant read it at all.

I have switched PCMs after a mail order tune, so i know it is not the PCM itself.

Please help guys as i really need to get this car scanned and properly tuned. I am getting cam surge and cannot get dyno tuned untill this gets resolved.