PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle is high, TPS sensor? Predator data within...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default idle is high, TPS sensor? Predator data within...

i have a 99 WS6 A4 with a stock throttle body... lately the car has been idling high, around 1200 rpm's (in park). since my wife drives the car, i have only noticed this after it's warmed up. sometimes i'll start it for her in the morning and all is fine. about a month or 2 ago, the SES light came on and i checked the codes with the Predator. there were P0122 TPS A circuit low input, and P1122 TPS sensor intermittent low voltage. i cleared the codes and they have not come back since. i test drove the car this morning but probably was not in it long enough, but i did notice that the TPS % angle was anywhere from 3% to 7% when i was stopped with my foot off the gas. shouldn't this read 0? when i first started the car up it was 0%. i'm wondering if the TPS really is bad... any other ideas are welcome.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah that is not good, it is definaly the tps sensor, or the blade is sticking, or if you have an aftermarket throttlebody, there is something wrong with it.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:10 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Try some throttle body cleaner, it will clean any deposits out of the TB. With your scanner hooked up , you might try -gently- moving the throttle by hand and see if the position % will go down. I have this problem all the time on my FERD truck, but fortunately never on the Z.