Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which tuning to get

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which tuning to get

I'm new to the tuning aspect of the LS1.I'm tired of paying $350 to get my car tuned every time I do something new.I have a few questions.
1.What stuff would you guys recommend?I was looking at HP Tuners.
2.If I decided to get Hp Tuners what all would I need as far as options and things?
3.My car is currently tuned with LS1Edit because that is what the shop I get tuned at uses and runs fine I am assuming a little rich, because of recent changes.Well if I get Hp tuners will I have a Problem since my car was tuned using a different program.
Thanks for your help!!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. I would reccommend HP Tuners
2. You'll need a laptop and that's about it... however to do 100% of the tuning yourself a wideband O2 sensor is a great asset (need to tune WOT accurately... it can be done via narrowband but wideband will be more precise). I'm fond of the Innovate Motorsports LM-1 (APE just had a GP on them I believe).

The EIO upgrade is necessary for the Wideband hookup w/HPT ... this gives you 4 inputs (so anything that outputs under 5 volts can be logged... IE Fuel Pressure gauge, wideband etc..) and 2 outputs (ground outputs , so you can activate relays based on scanned data realtime)

3. Should not be a problem.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=98cobrakillata]Well if I get Hp tuners will I have a Problem since my car was tuned using a different program.[QUOTE]

only if the shop that did the tuning locked your pcm. I've heard of some places doing this.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice.I'm hoping this will be a good choice mod for my car, as long as I don't mess the pcm up.