PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improvements!

Old 02-16-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking Improvements!

I think I am very close to my 2001 Camaro SS being optimized as much as possible in the LTFTs. My wife and I have notice that the car responds a lot better than before ... even our mechanic friend that test drove it noticed "it runs a heck of a lot better".I think I will start tuning the STFT now. Below is my progress of my tuning, I have the LTFT & STFT of the OE tune vs my current results. The car only has Hooker LTs & ORY as the major A/F mod, as well as Throttle Body Bypass and Ported/Polished Throttle Body. State your opinion if so desired.

OE STFT average results

Tuning STFT average results

OE LTFT average results

Tuning LTFT average results
Old 02-16-2005, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is a nice *** histogram
Old 02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your bottom LTFT hist is nice, but shouldnt you be shooting for slightly negative numbers that way fuel is not added if you slam the pedal and put her in PE? I typically shoot for -4 across the board. Its a little more difficult since you cant use the special paste functions. Also, what do you mean tune for STFT? STFTs and LTFTs go hand in hand... i dont think you can tune for one and not the other. Pleas school me if im incorrect here.

-T
Old 02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks HumpinSS

Ideally, you want the LTFT to be as close to 0 as possible. A -4 indicates that you are running a smidge rich, I prefer running either -2 upto 0. The lower and higher load values (MAF -30Kpa or +70Kpa) are not that important to me, since I rarely am in that rpm band during part throttle driving.

For tuning STFT, I will have to disable the LTFT learning process, so the VCM will only use STFT values to correct the A/F, then I can directly edit the VE table based on the variance the STFT table has from 0.

BTW, I am using HPTuners Version 1.6.2.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
Thanks HumpinSS

Ideally, you want the LTFT to be as close to 0 as possible. A -4 indicates that you are running a smidge rich, I prefer running either -2 upto 0. The lower and higher load values (MAF -30Kpa or +70Kpa) are not that important to me, since I rarely am in that rpm band during part throttle driving.

For tuning STFT, I will have to disable the LTFT learning process, so the VCM will only use STFT values to correct the A/F, then I can directly edit the VE table based on the variance the STFT table has from 0.

BTW, I am using HPTuners Version 1.6.2.
Does 1.4 have the ability to disable the LTFT learning process?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

nice histogram, wish mine looked like that! is this with or without maf?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Magyver
Does 1.4 have the ability to disable the LTFT learning process?
I believe so, but I would have to double check. Or if you have a moment, I am sure some one on the HPTuners forum would be able to answer your question.

Originally Posted by Turo
nice histogram, wish mine looked like that! is this with or without maf?
Thank you! This is without the MAF sensor hooked up.

Search this Thread